Israeli forces storm Palestinian village

Israeli occupation forces stormed at dawn yesterday the village of Kafr Ein near Ramallah and al-Bireh.
At least six Israeli military vehicles stormed the village and “wandered provocatively” its quarters and streets, where Israeli occupation soldiers checked the identities of some citizens, Palestinian News Agency (WAFA) quoted a Palestinian security source as saying.
No arrests were reported.
A number of settlers stormed under the protection of the occupation forces this morning the village of Bathan north-east of Nablus.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian Minister of Awqaf and Religious Affairs, Yousef Adeis, yesterday condemned the Israeli occupation authorities’ decision to deport a number Al-Aqsa Mosque’s Guards and interfere with their work on a daily basis.
He urged in a press release the Arab and Islamic world to take a serious action to end the abuses practice against the Al-Aqsa Mosque, its Guards and Al-Quds City, adding that the Israeli occupation forces target them through the multiplication of arrests and deportations.
The IOA through different temple organisations have stepped up Al Aqsa’s storming while increasing internal and external media campaigns to intensify the raids, perform Talmudic rituals and prayers, he added.
Meanwhile, more than 200 Palestinians from the besieged Gaza Strip travelled to occupied East Jerusalem to attend Friday prayers at the Al-Aqsa Mosque, according to Palestinian liaison officials.
The officials told Ma’an that 250 Palestinian worshippers, all above the age of 50, travelled to Jerusalem via the Erez crossing between the besieged enclave and Israel to attend prayers, before immediately returning to the Gaza Strip.
The number of Palestinians permitted to worship at Al-Aqsa was reduced by Israel last week, as Israeli authorities have typically permitted 300 elderly Palestinians from the small Palestinian territory to travel to Al-Aqsa every Friday, according to Ma’an News Agency.

(Source / 29.07.2016)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond