Israeli Soldiers Kidnap 33 Palestinians In Silwan, One In Sheikh Jarrah, In Occupied Jerusalem


Hundreds of Israeli soldiers invaded, on Wednesday at dawn, the town of Silwan, in occupied East Jerusalem, before storming and violently searching dozens of homes and kidnapped 33 Palestinians. The soldiers also kidnapped one Palestinian in Sheikh Jarrah.

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center in Silwan (Silwanic) has reported that the soldiers, and security officers, invaded various neighborhoods in the town, after completely surrounding it, and initiated massive, violent, searches of homes.

Silwanic added that most of the 33 kidnaped Palestinians are children, in addition to several former political prisoners.

The soldiers also interrogated many Palestinians, including entire families, while violently searching their homes.

Military helicopters were seen flying over various neighborhoods in Silwad, while the home invasions were largely focused in the neighborhoods in Ras al-‘Amoud, the Central Neighborhood, Ein Silwan, Be’er Ayyoub, Wad Qaddoum, al-Bustan and Wad ar-Rababa.

The soldiers also summoned at least five Palestinians for interrogation in a number of detention and interrogation centers in Jerusalem.

Lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud told Silwanic that the soldiers moved the kidnapped Palestinians to a police station in Salaheddin Street, in addition to the al-Maskobiyya detention and interrogation center. They have been identified as:

  1. Omran Amer Abu Sbeih, 14.
  2. Mohammad Issa Qutub, 14.
  3. Ibrahim Tamer Dandees, 16.
  4. Ahmad Tamer Dandees, 18.
  5. Mohammad Salaima, 15.
  6. Mohammad Yousef Sharaf, 17.
  7. Sharif Emad Abu Mayyala, 17.
  8. Taha Fawzi Abu Tayeh, 17.
  9. Jihad Nader al-Bazlameet, 17,
  10. Odai Samer Abu Tayeh, 17.
  11. Ammar Issa Ateyya, 17.
  12. Malek Abed Hamdan, 19.
  13. Mo’tasem Mohammad Abu Tayeh, 21.
  14. Riyad Salim Abu Diab, 39.
  15. Karim Ishaq Abu Tayeh, 28.
  16. Mohammad Ibrahim Awwad, 33.
  17. Ayyoub Mousa al-Abbassi, 20.
  18. Fathi Khaled Nasser, 19.
  19. Abed Ezz Barbar, 18.
  20. Ahmad Nader al-Bazlameet, 21.
  21. Amir Majed Najdi, 18.
  22. Ala’ Fawzi al-Khatib, 21.
  23. Yousef Daoud al-Abbassi, 23.
  24. Khalil Khalaf Odeh, 21.
  25. Mousa Maher Jaber, 17.
  26. Zeid Kayed Hijazi, 27.
  27. Montaser Yousef Shiokhi, 25.
  28. Jamal Farak Da’na, 22.
  29. Mansour Yousef Shiokhi, 24.
  30. Rabea’ ‘Omar Bashir, 29.
  31. Haroun Roweidat, 17.
  32. Hasan Mohammad Roweidi, 19.
  33. Mohammad Ramadan Shalloudi, 25.
  34. Mustafa Emad Mheisin, 16. (from Sheikh Jarrah)

(Source / 27.07.2016)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond