Palestinian killed after alleged stabbing attack in Netanya


OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– A Palestinian young man was shot and killed Thursday evening after allegedly carrying out a stabbing attack at a market in Netanya city, which left two Israeli settlers wounded. Israeli media sources reported that the unidentified Palestinian was shot and killed by Israeli police after he allegedly stabbed two Israeli settlers, one of them reportedly in serious condition. According to a statement by the Israeli police, the two Israelis, a man in his 40s and a woman in her 30s, were stabbed in the upper body and are receiving treatment, with one suffering moderate wounds and the other serious injuries. Spokesperson for the Israeli police said that two Israelis were stabbed during the incident and confirmed initial reports that the Palestinian was from the occupied West Bank district of Tulkarem.  Israeli media reported that the killed Palestinian was 40 years old. A Palestinian teenager was also killed on Thursday morning in an illegal Israeli settlement in the southern occupied West Bank after carrying out an anti-occupation attack. Rights groups have denounced what they have termed a “shoot-to-kill” policy by the Israeli forces, which they say has led to the death of numerous Palestinians who did not constitute a threat or who could have been subdued in a non-lethal manner.

(Source / 30.06.2016)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond