• Kbnews
  • Khamakar Daily

Israeli Soldiers Abduct Two Palestinians In Hebron And Jerusalem

Israeli soldiers abducted, Tuesday, two young Palestinian men, including a patient from Beit Ummar town, north of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, and one in Silwan town, in occupied Jerusalem.

On Tuesday evening, the soldiers, stationed at the Gush Etzion Junction, stopped and searched dozens of cars, and abducted a former political prisoner, identified as Ahmad Ali Awad, 24.

Awad was heading back home after being discharged from a Palestinian hospital, and was moved to Etzion military and security center, although he is still in recovery.

On Tuesday at dawn, the soldiers invaded a Palestinian home in Batn al-Hawa neighborhood, in Silwan, and abducted Mahmoud Jamal Gheith, 22,

The young man was taken prisoner after the soldiers violently searched his home, and was taken to an interrogation center in Jerusalem.

(Source / 07.11.2017)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.802141

Boycott Israeli diamond