B’Tselem: Qasrawi was also executed in al-Khalil last March

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Human rights group, B’Tselem, has said that the second Palestinian young man who attacked soldiers in al-Khalil city on March 24 was also executed on site by an Israeli soldier. On that day, Abdul-Fattah al-Sharif and Ramzi al-Qasrawi allegedly attacked two Israeli soldiers with knives in the Tel Rumeida neighborhood of al-Khalil city, lightly wounding one of them. At the time of the incident, the Israeli army claimed al-Qasrawi died immediately as a result of gunshots fired by a soldier during the attack, while al-Sharif was seriously injured and later succumbed to his wounds. A short while later, an Israeli officer called Elor Azaria arrived on the scene about 15 minutes after the incident, and was filmed shooting al-Sharif in the head, killing him. Azaria, is currently on trial for manslaughter. Local residents, however, now claim that al-Qasrawi was only wounded in the attack and that after his suffering from an incapacitating injury, a soldier shot him in the head or neck twice from point-blank range. According to B’Tselem, the delay in releasing this information was the result of the eight-month military closure that had been imposed on the Tel Rumeida neighborhood, which prevented the group’s investigators from interviewing local eyewitnesses. As the army removed the closure, a B’Tselem employee was able to interview the two eyewitnesses who are claiming al-Qasrawi was executed. The Tel Rumeida neighborhood is under surveillance by security cameras, meaning this accusation could be easy to prove or disprove. B’Tselem made clear to the witnesses that the Israeli army probably had footage of the entire incident on its security cameras located in the area, and that this footage could corroborate or disprove their accounts. Both witnesses repeated their testimony and said they were ready to testify before any official body if summoned.

(Source / 07.06.2016)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.802141

Boycott Israeli diamond