ISRAEL SUES 2 PALESTINIANS OVER FACEBOOK POSTS
Israeli made Facebook not a free platform for Palestinians
Tens of Palestinians had been kidnapped, charged and sentenced by the Israeli occupation over expressing their opinions on social media during the last six months
Amid fierce Israeli crackdown on Palestinians’ freedom of expression, Israeli occupation authorities prosecuted two Palestinians over Facebook posts.
Israeli occupation authorities issued a list of charges, including “Facebook incitement” against the Palestinian journalist Mohamed Batroukh from Jerusalem.
Jerusalem-based human rights group Wadi al-Hilweh Information Centre said that this is a “clear and flagrant violation” of rights to impart information and free speech.
Batroukh was kidnapped by the Israeli occupation forces during a night raid on March 7, the Palestinian news agency Safa said.
Meanwhile, an Israeli judge sentenced Walid Rajabi to 10 months of actual imprisonment and a suspended probation sentence of seven months for three years on charges of incitement on Facebook.
Tens of Palestinians had been kidnapped, charged and sentenced by the Israeli occupation over expressing their opinions on social media during the last six months.
(Source / 20.03.2017)