6 palestijnen opgepakt

The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) at dawn Sunday kidnapped six Palestinians, including a journalist and a girl, following assaults on the West Bank and Jerusalem.

24-year-old girl Batoul al-Rumhi was kidnapped by the IOF from her family home in Serda town, north of Ramallah.

The Israeli forces further kidnapped the Palestinian journalist and ex-prisoner Mus’ab Sa’id, 25, from his family home in Ramallah’s northern town of Birzeit.

Student activist at Birzeit University Osama Fukahaa was further arrested by the Israeli soldiers in Ein Munjid town, in Ramallah.

Overnight, the Israeli army claimed responsibility for the abduction of six Palestinians on allegations of involvement in anti-occupation activities.

Meanwhile, clashes flared up in Bethlehem’s towns of al-Khader and Tekou’ between the Israeli forces and the Palestinian protesters.

The IOF also kidnapped a Palestinian youth from Nablus’s southeastern town of Hawara.

Palestinian citizen Mahmoud Khamous, from Hawara, said the Israeli soldiers stormed the town at the crack of dawn and kidnapped Ali Mohamed Saada from his home.

The IOF further broke into the nearby Ourata town, southeast of Nablus, and wreaked havoc on civilian homes.

In the meantime, a series of military checkpoints was pitched by the IOF on the Jenin-Haifa access road, where Palestinian civilians and vehicles have been subjected to intensive inspection.

The occupation army reportedly raked through Palestinian cultivated lands in Sahl Bin Amer.

(Source / 12.03.2017)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond