Sluiting workshop

HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli forces conducted raids in multiple areas across the occupied West Bank before dawn on Tuesday, detaining at least eight Palestinians and shutting down a workshop that the Israeli army said was used to manufacture weapons.

Israeli soldiers stormed the southern occupied West Bank city of Hebron, and ransacked approximately 20 houses belonging to Palestinians who have previously been imprisoned by Israel.
Locals identified a number of former prisoners whose houses were raided as Fayiz Misk, Shadi Uweiwi, Mahmoud Yusri Uweiwi, Yahya Ismail Qawasmi, Raed Natsha, Rasmi Dufish, Hashim Abu Turki, Yaqoub Zaarir, Hisham Hmeidan Sharabati, Thaer Ziyad Fakhouri, Bilal Salhab, Anas Zghayyar, and Fadi Shawar.
Israeli soldiers briefly detained Fayiz Misk for a few hours before releasing him.
Sources told Ma’an that Israeli forces “violently” inspected the houses and “turned furniture upside down.”
Sluiting workshop1
Israeli forces also detained two brothers from the town of Husan west of Bethlehem in the southern occupied West Bank, identified in a statement from the Palestinian Prisoner’s Society (PPS) as Ismat Amjad Hamamra, 28, and Muhannad Amjad Hamamra, 26.
An Israeli army spokesperson confirmed the two were detained, and claimed they were “Hamas operatives.”
The PPS statement said that five Palestinians were detained in the village of Bartaa in the northern most district of Jenin, identified as Hamid Jamil al-Khatib and his brothers Mahir and Mujahid, in addition to Muatasim Aziz Qabaha, and Munis Marwan Qabaha.
Ali Salih Hithnawi was detained in Qabatiya in the Jenin district, according to PPS, and confirmed by the Israeli army spokesperson who claimed he was a Hamas operative.
The spokesperson added that Israeli forces seized “weapons manufacturing machines” at a metals workshop during a raid into the town of Jamain south of Nablus in the northern West Bank early Tuesday morning.
The workshop’s owner Mansour Majid Gheith told Ma’an that Israeli forces stormed Jamain and broke into his workshop after breaking open the main door.
The Israeli soldiers, he said, destroyed the contents of his workshop, before they notified him that it had been shut down by military order.
He said that the Israeli raid was carried out without any prior notice, and that the workshop was worth hundreds of thousands of Israeli shekels.
An Israeli spokesperson told Ma’an that a “illegal weapons and explosives manufacturing workshop” was uncovered, and that “more than one” machine was confiscated.
Sluiting workshop2
Israeli forces carry out raids across the occupied Palestinian territory on a near-nightly basis, with the UN recording an average of 95 weekly raids in the West Bank in 2016, and 73 weekly raids on average thus far in 2017.
The majority of raids are carried in cities, villages, and refugee camps located in Area A which should be under full Palestinian Authority control according to the Oslo agreements.
During a raid into the center of the Ramallah district early Monday morning, Israeli forces ambushed and killed a 31-year-old activist Basel al-Araj, after he had been on the run from Israeli authorities since last September.
(Source / 07.03.2017)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond