Maariv newspaper said that the murderers of Tunisian aviation engineer Mohamed Zouari worked under the guise of a fake European media production company in order to locate and assassinate him.

According to the Hebrew newspaper on Monday, Israel’s Mossad established a phantom media company to use it as a cover to reach Zouari and employed Tunisian citizens to achieve that.

However, Maariv claimed that the hired Tunisians worked for the company and acted in good faith, without knowing the Mossad was behind it and lurking around.

In order for the Mossad to carry out the assassination, the Tunisians were assigned to secure cars and cellphones for the job and contact Zouari for interviews.

Among the Tunisians who worked for that company was a Tunisian journalist holding Hungarian citizenship. She conducted interviews with Zouari and arranged the last meeting in which he was killed by two Mossad agents.

According to the newspaper, a similar tactic had been used by the Mossad in 2010 to plot the assassination of Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai.

Martyr Zouari was one of Hamas’s prominent engineers and contributed to developing drones for the Palestinian resistance movement.

He was a Tunisian aviation engineer and lived for some time in Syria during the presence of Hamas there before he was able to return to his country Tunisia following the 2011 revolution.

On December 15, 2016, he was assassinated outside his home in Sfax, a commercial coastal town that lies southeast of Tunis.

(Source / 28.02.2017)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond