Israeli soldiers invaded, Monday, seven Palestinian homes in different parts of occupied East Jerusalem, detained fourteen Palestinians and illegally confiscated large sums of cash and cars.

The Israeli army said it detained and summoned for interrogation fourteen Palestinians, after searching their homes in Jabal al-Mokabber, at-Tour, Ras al-‘Amoud and Shu’fat refugee camp.

Local sources said the soldiers invaded the home Mohammad Abu Jamal, 73, and abducted him after searching his property.

Abu Jamal is the father of Ghassan, 27, who was killed along with his cousin Odai, 22, on November 18, 2014, after they attacked the Synagogue of Har Nof settlement, in Jerusalem, and killed four Israelis, in addition to wounding 12 others.

The soldiers also invaded and searched the homes of political prisoners, identified as Ramadan Mashahra, Fahmi Mashahra, Ayman al-‘Abbassi, Emad al-‘Abbassi and Emad Sha’aar.

Furthermore, the soldiers invaded the home Wisam Faraj, 20, who was killed by Israeli army fire in October 2015, and the family home of another slain Palestinian, identified as Hasan Naabi.

The Israeli army said it detained and summoned for interrogation 14 Palestinians, and confiscated nearly 200.000 Shekels, checkbooks, a truck and two cars, allegedly donated by Hamas to families of slain Palestinians and detainees, from East Jerusalem.

Related: Including An Elderly Man, Israeli Soldiers Abduct Eight Palestinians

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond