Israeli troops to knock down slain girl’s family home


The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) at dawn Thursday stormed the family home of the slain Palestinian girl Ashrakat Taha Qatnani in Nablus and took its measurements pending its demolition.
Ashrakat’s father, Taha, told a PIC news correspondent that an Israeli army patrol and an engineering unit broke into the family home in eastern Nablus, in the northern occupied West Bank, and took measurements of the building after they locked up all the family members in one room.
The Israeli intelligence officers subjected the native inhabitants to exhaustive questioning about their activities and affiliations.
17-year-old Ashrakat Taha Qatnani was shot and killed by the occupation army at the Zaatara military checkpoint, in southern Nablus, on November 22, 2015, on allegations of an anti-occupation stabbing attempt.
The Israeli occupation authorities withheld her body for over one month and a half before they handed it over to the family.

(Source / 13.10.2016)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond