Zaytouna boat to reach Gaza in 2 days, Israel threatens interception

GAZA, (PIC)– The Women’s Boat to Gaza—Zaytouna—is expected to reach Gaza shores in two days, in a symbolic move to break the Israeli siege on the enclave. According to the International Committee to Break the Siege on Gaza, al-Zaytouna ship, carrying 13 activists onboard, is expected to reach Gaza shores on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning in case the Israeli occupation navy does not intercept the boat in international waters. The committee called on the world’s pro-Palestine activists to embark on media and popular campaigns so as to defend the anti-siege ship against projected Israeli assaults. A few days earlier, Israeli daily Maariv said the Israeli occupation navy has received instructions to intercept women’s boat to Gaza and arrest onboard activists. The boat is reportedly to be towed to the Ashdod Harbor while female activists will be deported to their mother countries after they sign pledges to never return. Amal II boat will not join the flotilla due to a sudden breakdown. Zaytouna, a boat with all-women crews and passengers, set sail from Barcelona en route to besieged Gaza in another maritime attempt to break Israel’s illegitimate blockade on the Palestinian coastal enclave. The Gaza Strip is a place where around two million Palestinians have been locked up for nearly a decade in what many describe as the “world’s largest open air prison.”

(Source / 04.10.2016)

Tags: #ICC4Israel

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives.

Boycott Israeli diamond