• Home
  • Bdm News
  • The Federalization of Israel Is an Existential Necessity

Following Shooting Attack, Israeli Army Keeps Up Closure of Palestinian Village

An assailant shot three bullets at a car carrying six children and their parents on Saturday, wounding the father.The Israeli military continued on Sunday its closure of the Palestinian village of Sa'ir north of Hebron following a drive-by shooting a day earlier.
On Saturday, shots were fired at an Israeli family driving toward the West Bank settlement of Tekoa. The father of the family was moderately wounded, while his wife and six children were unharmed.
According to an initial investigation carried out by the army, the assailant shot three bullets at the family's car, and then escaped the scene, apparently toward the village of Sa'ir. At first the IDF also imposed a closure on the nearby village of Al-Aroub, but removed it on Sunday, only closing off Sa'ir.
The attack was carried out on Saturday night at Sa'ir Junction, near the settlement of Metzad. The assailant shot in the direction of the family, which was on its way to visit the mother's parents. After the shots were fired the family quickly drove to Tekoa Junction, where it met up with security forces. The father was treated at the scene and then taken to Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem.
"The children didn’t get it. While driving, I shouted to my wife 'what about the kids,' and she told me 'go, go, there's no time now,'" the father recounted from hospital. "I asked the eldest son if everyone's alright and he asked what happened. They didn’t understand what happened."
According to him, "We drove quickly for about a quarter of an hour with a pool of blood. Just as we got there my wife told me 'drive a little further,' but I couldn’t. I parked the car, my wife got out to call the soldiers and then they gave me a tourniquet."
Last Friday, an Israeli was murdered in a shooting attack in the West bank. Michael Mark, a resident of the Otniel settlement, was driving with his family on Route 60 when their car came under fire. Mark's wife, Chava, was seriously wounded in the attack, and two of their children were moderately and lightly hurt.
A day earlier, a 13-year-old Israeli girl, Hallel Yaffa Ariel, was stabbed to death in her sleep in the settlement of Kiryat Arba, by a 17-year-old Palestinian assailant. That same day, a Palestinian assailant stabbed two people in the central Israeli city of Netanya, wounding them moderately and lightly before being shot dead by a civilian.

Gili Cohen
Haaretz Correspondent
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.730040

Palestinian Shooting Attack

Pin It

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.802141

Boycott Israeli diamond