• Home
  • Bdm News
  • Contaminated Cereal Shipped Out of Israeli Factory Despite Awareness of Problem

Israeli soldiers raid occupied village at dawn on first day of Eid, terrifying women and children

IOF soldiers raid Ramallah village on first day of Eid
RAMALLAH (PIC) 12 Sept — Israeli occupation forces raided Beit Reema village in northern Ramallah city in the West Bank at dawn Monday the first day of Islamic Eid al-Adha [the most important Islamic holiday]. Local sources said that large numbers of soldiers stormed the village and arrested a young man, Wahbi Ihsan, from his family home. They added that the soldiers wreaked havoc on the house while searching it and deliberately terrified women and children in the process.

Witness: 2 Palestinian teens critically injured after ‘deliberate’ hit and run by Israeli army
HEBRON (Ma‘an) 12 Sept — Two Palestinian teenagers were critically injured after an Israeli military bus reportedly ran them over in the al-Fahs area south of Hebron in the southern occupied West Bank Monday evening. Eyewitness to the incident and the uncle of the two teens Ziad Abu Dauod told Ma‘an that the Israeli military bus “deliberately” ran over the two Palestinians, identified as Naim Ahmad Ziad Abu Daoud, 17, who sustained life-threatening injuries, and Iyad Naim Abu Daoud, 19, who was critically injured, but less so than Naim. According to Abu Daoud, his two nephews were visiting relatives nearby when they were run over, and the military vehicle rushed away from the scene. Abu Dauod added that due to the heavy presence of Israeli forces in the area, an Israeli military jeep responded quickly after the incident and called Israeli medics who treated the two at the scene. A Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance then arrived to evacuate them to al-Ahli hospital in Hebron. An Israeli police spokesperson could not immediately be reached for comment on the incident. “We hold the army fully responsible for their lives,” Abu Daoud said. “The driver rammed my two nephews and drove away leaving them in critical condition.”

Palestinian family buries slain son in Jerusalem
IMEMC 14 Sept — Hundreds of Palestinians marched, on Tuesday evening, in the funeral procession of a Palestinian who was killed by Israeli soldiers in Shu‘fat refugee camp, in occupied Jerusalem, on September fifth. A Red Crescent Palestinian ambulance moved the body of Mustafa Nimir, 27, from Hadassah Israeli medical center in Jerusalem, to his family home in ‘Anata town, northeast of Jerusalem. Hundreds of Palestinians marched from the Nimir family home in Ras Khamis neighborhood, and headed to the local mosque for funeral prayers before burying him in the town’s graveyard. The Israeli army killed Nimir on September 5th; soldiers and undercover units invaded Shu‘fat and killed the Palestinian allegedly for trying to carry out a ramming attack against them. The Israeli army held the body of the slain Palestinian since his death, and only allowed its release Tuesday. The army later said the Palestinian was accidentally shot and killed by the soldiers, and that he posed no threat to the lives of the soldiers who were operating in the refugee camp. It admitted that Mustafa Nimir was not the driver of the vehicle at all, but then tried to blame his brother-in-law for driving ‘erratically’, which they claim led them to shoot both men, killing one and injuring the other.

Israeli forces injure 4 Palestinians, 1 critically, in clashes south of Nablus
NABLUS (Ma‘an) 12 Sept — Four Palestinians were injured Monday evening during clashes with Israeli forces in the village of Qusra south of Nablus in the northern occupied West Bank, local sources said. Ghassan Doughlas, an official who monitors settlement activity in the northern occupied West Bank, told Ma‘an that after Israeli forces stormed the town, sparking clashes with locals, Israeli soldiers fired tear gas canisters, stun grenades, and live ammunition at demonstrators. Douglas said a 35-year-old Palestinian sustained critical injuries after being shot with two live bullets, while another was shot in the head with a rubber-coated steel bullet, and both were evacuated to Rafidiya Government Hospital for treatment. He did not specify the circumstances or conditions of the two others who were injured.

Palestinian hospitalized after Israeli soldiers assaulted him near Jenin
IMEMC 14 Sept — A number of Israeli soldiers attacked, on Tuesday at night, a Palestinian man after stopping him at a military roadblock north of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, causing various cuts and bruises that required hospitalization. Eyewitnesses said the soldiers confiscated the ID card of Suleiman Mahmoud Sa‘adi, from Jenin city, and continuously struck, beat and kicked him, before he was moved to a hospital for treatment. They added that the soldiers installed a sudden roadblock, before stopping and searching dozens of Palestinians, and interrogated many Palestinians while inspecting the ID cards. The soldiers also fired several concussion grenades at the Palestinians in order to force them to leave the area.

- See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2016/09/occupied-terrifying-children/#sthash.9s3Miu7N.dpufSchermata 2016 09 20 alle 14.33.51

Video of the Week New Clashes Erupt Between Israeli Security Forces, Muslim Worshippers

Temple Mount temporarily closed to Jewish visitors after clashes with police

The Temple Mount was temporarily closed to Jewish visitors on Wednesday at the order of Jerusalem District Commander Yoram Halevy after Jews broke visitation rules at the holy site, police said. The Jewish visitors were expelled from the compound for bringing sacred books to the Mount and trying to pray there. After one of the individuals was cautioned, another took out a holy book, and the group was expelled. Meanwhile, renewed clashes erupted between protesters and Israeli security forces near the Lion's Gate in the Old City, where police used stun grenades against the demonstrators. A regular dynamic has developed involving clashes between Palestinians and Israel Police over the past several days near the Lion's Gate. Dozens of Palestinians are present at the site on a regular basis, urging devotion to the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount and condemning Israel. During Muslim prayer times, particularly the midday and nighttime prayers, hundreds and sometimes even thousands have been gathering there.

There have been outbreaks of violence during these periods, including stone-throwing or physical confrontations with the police. In most of these incidents, the police have been using stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets to disperse the crowds. In a number of cases, journalists in the area have also suffered violence at the hands of the police. On Tuesday, Hassan Shaalan, a reporter for the Ynet news website, was struck by a policeman even after he identified himself as a member of the press. A group of Jerusalem-based journalists released a statement of condemnation over the incident and called on the police to permit reporters to do their jobs. The Jerusalem Police responded: "This involved an incident that took place in the course of violent disturbances of the peace that occurred in Jerusalem while the police were acting to remove the demonstrators from the street after some of them refused to vacate. The forces working on the scene are under constant threat to their lives. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.802141

Boycott Israeli diamond